This is how my morning began...the morning of Dylan's first day of preschool...
I got up early to walk on the treadmill because sadly, getting out the door at 8:45 in the morning showered is a major feat for me! So, I got up before the kids. Dylan came out first and laid on the floor next to me under a blanket. Then about 5 minutes later Ryder joined him and grabbed her own blanket. They laid there on the floor talking for about 15 minutes. I don't know what they talked about... (wish I did!)... they were so cute so I grabbed my camera! It was like the end of an era... one with no schedules and no responsibility...
Here he is... ready or not for preschool! Zac told him he could use one of his old backpacks, but that morning we couldn't find the one Zac told us about... so we had to use the BIG one...
Told you it was big! After preschool we went and bought him his own backpack.. which he is very proud of because it has a handle and wheels... pretty cute! Ryder is pretty jealous of the new one...
Ryder missed Dylan all morning...she kept asking if it was time to go get Dylan. And then after we got him during lunch she gave him about 5 hugs which is RARE because she never gives hugs on her own...
Dylan didn't want to smile so "Miss Nancy" started to tickle him. He was trying so hard not to smile. When we first met Miss Nancy (the week before) she was talking to Dylan and he wasn't making eye contact or responding to her... she looked at him and said "Don't worry Dylan I am kinda shy too; we can stick together"... after that I knew my kid was in good hands! Miss Paula is also great she is over on the left with red hair and green pants... can't really see her...
They call them the "Big Dogs" because they are all the kids that turn 5 this year so they are all the "older kids"...
Dylan was a new person after he made it through Day 1 of preschool. I think He was so nervous when I dropped him off!! That night at soccer practice he got right in there with the other kids- kicking the ball and even pushing a kid out of the way (which is really not like Dylan!)
After soccer that night he declared that Wednesday was his best day of the week because he had both soccer and preschool!
Man, was that good to hear! You know you have to force your kids to do things they don't like sometimes, but I am glad that so quickly Dylan realized that this wasn't such a bad thing! And today at his soccer game he was right in the middle of "the swarm"... as Zac calls it! AND OF COARSE I FORGOT MY DANG CAMERA!! But he ran around the field with a BIG grin on his face the whole time!
My little boy is growing up!
7 comments:
Congrats to Dylan! How fun! I hate that they grow up so dang fast! Wish we lived close, then Mason and Ryder could console each other and play while their older siblings are at preschool. I don't know why you had to get a new backpack, the one he has on is perfect :) I love that is is bigger than he is! Too cute!
O my goodness I cant believe he is in preschool already! What a big boy, good job Dylan! And soccer, how fun! I wish I were there to watch him play that is so cool! I cant wait to see you guys in a few months! Ryder looks so cute with her little pigtails too I love it! Miss ya'll!:)
My little Dylan is all grown up! So happy to hear you are running around and kicking the ball in soccer, Uncle Wayne used to play soccer too! Sometimes we would cut up oranges to take for the treat, they were delicious! Have fun in preschool, you are so smart. Love, gma XX
What a big step! I am glad that everything went so well. Sounds like maybe it is time for #3! Give Ryder some company! : ) I love the backpack! That is awesome. He'll grow into it.
Preschool made such a BIG difference in my David too! I loved it! And Ryder will be soo excited for Preschool! I'm glad that he decided it wasn't such a bad thing after all!
I can't believe he is going to school already, so sad... They grow up to fast. That little ryder is too cute!
Nicole, I'm tagging you! Go to my page to see what to do!
I love Dylan's backpack, that is too cute!
Post a Comment