Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas To ALL And To ALL A Good Night!


Merry Christmas 2009

Once again I am LATE getting out a Christmas letter...this year I didn’t even attempt it until today~ Christmas Day… I guess with old age you start to know your own weaknesses!

This year has been a GOOD year for our family… The first half of the year is a blur. So, I will begin in May. On May 6th, Kinsley Nicole Hale joined our family. She is a joy to all of us. She has been a PERFECT baby! I don’t have a single complaint. She has been a wonderful sleeper and I didn’t really believe anyone who said their baby slept through the night, but I guess some really do! I have been afraid to admit that for fear I would jinx myself… but I think I am safe now… HOPEFULLY! Kinsley loves to suck on her thumb and is always covered in drool! She gets so much attention from the older kids that I feel bad for her. She never gets left alone. I will find the kids in her crib playing with her the moment she wakes up and sometimes many moments before she is ready to wake. They are always doing things to try to make her laugh. She is truly a blessing we are so grateful for!

Ryder will turn 4 in a couple of days and she is so grown up. She always tries to do what her brother is doing. For Christmas she asked for “girl legos” (the pink version) and Bakugans. Lucky for her Santa also knew she would like some princess stuff. She enjoys dolls, purses, shoes, princesses, and all things girly, too. She does a gymnastic and dance class and is more gifted than her mother in her flexibility and grace on the dance floor. She loves to do her learning book and homework (like her big brother) and thinks she can read now, too. It’s hard to keep her encouraged and humble at the same time. Ryder still loves her Daddy and has FINALLY quit crying every Monday morning when it is time for him to go to work! Every Monday and even some Tuesdays she would come in and sob for about 5 minutes that she wanted it to be Daddy’s day off and that she didn’t want him going to work… truth be known I never want him to go to work either!

Dylan is 6 years old and loving kindergarten. He enjoys everything about it!…even the bus ride to and from school. His teacher is very complimentary of his progress this year. He earned his yellow belt in karate last month and finished his second year of soccer. He has been golfing with Daddy lately and can play all 9 holes! He can hit his drives between 75-100 yards… when I have gone I consider 75 yards straight a success so he has surpassed me in skill level! He LOVES Wii and has to earn Wii time each day by reading or doing chores. Sometimes I forget to set the timer and he will spend HOURS beating levels. Santa surprised him with the new Super Mario Brothers… and he is THRILLED! He is a very kind older brother and is patient with both of his sisters. He is so social now days… totally different from the shy kid he was a year ago. He LOVES life and is growing up so quickly!

Zac and I continue to grow old together- we celebrated our 10th anniversary this year. We are hoping to go on a vacation alone to celebrate this coming year! Zac’s job is going well and he continues chugging on his next degree… he is probably close to half way done now! He still loves riding dirt bikes and golfing. I don’t have much to report about myself… I am still amazed I survived Kinsley’s pregnancy! I can’t even think of anything else I have done this year! 4 of Zac’s sisters had babies, too so there are 5 new little ones! How crazy and fun it will be!! We have made a few trips up to Utah, the beach, and Disneyland. And a relaxing trip to Arizona for Thanksgiving. I think that is about all of our adventures….

We are grateful for each of you and hope this year finds you Happy and Healthy. We are grateful for this time of year as we reflect on the birth of Christ and the hope and peace he provides the world. As we look forward to another new year we send that message of hope and peace to each of you!

Love~ Zac, Nicole, Dylan, Ryder, and Kinsley

2 comments:

John, Mica, Jackson, Grace, Kai, and Lucy said...

I love the update. I can't wait to see you all again soon, you're all growing up so fast! You guys defintely need a new main picture on your blog that includes Kinsley! She's so cute! We love you all!

hairprincess said...

So cute I love updates too! I cant get over Ryders outfit in this pic to I LOVE it, I want to make some red and white tutus now! :)