For Christmas when Dylan was one, someone gave my mom this ride-on dump truck. It was a very loved toy! He started calling it Rough Road after a book Aunt Chelsy had given him about Trucks so, it was lovingly named Rough Road.
When Ryder came along they shared it and both loved it. And took turns "driving" each other. Just before
we moved the steering wheel broke and we had to throw it away. Although, it did get packed all the way to California- finally, Zac decided enough was enough and threw it away.
we moved the steering wheel broke and we had to throw it away. Although, it did get packed all the way to California- finally, Zac decided enough was enough and threw it away.Dylan immediately started asking me to look for a new "Rough Road". The only place we could find it was on ebay- since Little Tikes no longer makes them. So, began our search for a new R
ough Road. So, 10 months later...over the 4th of July weekend I won one for $26 (which is a bargain because I never saw one go for under $50). And we became the proud owners of another Rough Road. Zac
was appalled that I would spend that much money on a used toy. Yesterday, the "Rough Road" finally arrived. The funny thing is the kids are a little older and they just don't "share" it as well. So, I am constantly getting up and setting the timer for 5 minutes so they can be reminded when it is the next person's turn. And I had to take it away and put it up for the night because my walls kept getting hit. Ryder doesn't want to pull Dylan because he is "too heavy", but she wants
to ride in the back when he drives. Hopefully after a few days the newness will wear off! I guess I should have left Rough Road as a good memory...
Well, at least they will get along for the camera!
7 comments:
Nicole!!! hi how are ya? Glad you broke down and got a blog, now i can see what's going on with you! Your kids have grown up so much! Ryder has hair now and it is cute too! Wish I could see you guys soon.. Meghan
Cute blog! I am so glad that you started this. Can't wait to see you soon.
No matter what the price, memories are priceless. You are such a great mom to search and find a new Rough Road! You could do a master card commercial with this story! PRICELESS
How fun I love it they are so much bigger on there new 'rough rider' that is so cute! I cant believe how big they are still wow I hope they remember me next week its been forever it seems! Ryder looks so much like her dad, poor girl:) haha jk she is soo cute! I wish I had those curls!:)
YEA! I just came home from Bear Lake and you have a blog! I am so happy! :) Cute posts, I love your humor! Call me!
That reminds me of a picture of James when he was a tot. There is a little riding toy like that and his twin bro and sis (14 months older) were always fighting for the driver's seat--and James is sitting in the back, just riding happily with a huge grin...hmm--you just seem to be missing the one who happily rides in the back!
That is so cute! Life is finally calming down and I can blog again! Your blog and children are so cute. I am so glad that you are now in the blog group so we can keep up on your life.
Post a Comment